Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Obsession or sacrifice

Hello everyone....
last few days have been very tough without my lappi :(
This article is written by one of friends. I found it interesting so thought of sharing it with you all. Enjoy and please do comment.... Adios!!!

When I was young I was told that I am a bird, a bird that has beautiful wings, who can fly and reach to the skies with those wings, and her every flight will be a chase to her dreams. And what if nothing of that sort happened, if I am not lucky enough to reach the world of my dreams… what if someone’s cruel obsession takes me to his world of dreams, not mine with my wings.
Moments break down sometimes, forcing our destiny to be ruled out. I lost one more wing today. Am I becoming weak??? I don’t know, but the fact I know is my former flight was fake. Fake as if someone else used my wings to fly, and left me as unusable piece of trash.
U know generally Americans just use and throw everything which is not dear but is useful, but here in India we use, use and use and when it becomes useless we don’t throw, we DESTROY. We destroy its influence & existence, so that the essence is not even smelled by someone else. We become the only owners. Owners of our self obsession, owners of our wicked pride, owners of a fake territory whose existence influence just our minds…
I never understood why is it such a big deal to destroy, either they are uneducated or they never understood education. Is ruling someone weaker is a sign of pride or we think being a human ruling no less than a human proves us to be more powerful.
Choices define a human. Everyone has a choice, either to be a saint, or bring the animal outside him, as bad as an atrocious. One thing is for sure being a saint won’t help you survive in this materialistic world. Being a middle path follower, you have to compromise… but here in India we follow the extreme path. Being an animal, animal which causes destruction, the only way for him to survive in this aura of extremism, or may be we don’t want to compromise. But what does such a destruction of a weaker soul provide us???
The simple and obvious answer is luxury. Luxury of being cruel, being an extremist, one of the kinds who rule around me. Well now it is becoming a little confusing, how does luxury come to picture, how are we causing any destruction? Now let me narrate u a simple story which may solve our confusion here.
I knew an old lady, she had a big family. A son, his wife n his children. The bride could never give her a son nor could she bring a lot of dowry to her home. She was sent out to work, to sell everything that she had, her physical strength n later our body…her soul. She was beaten with every possible weapon; she had marks of the cruel obsession of her family on every part of her body. And one day when she became useless she was burnt to death, so that someone else could take her place and her wings could be used for their flight.
It’s not just one story, I have many. When one girl fell in love with a boy, he borrowed her wings. She made his notes, she made his assignments, she taught him for his exams, she prayed for him and his family. She gave herself mentally and physically to him. When one day she became useless he stood up and said, “it’s over, I was always your good friend.” He used her wings took a long beautiful flight and destroyed them.
How can u justify such an obsession? Is luxury the only important criteria to lead a good life? I have a justification which that boy gave that gal... he said, “I have to leave you, because if we live any moment together you will fall in love with me, which I don’t want. I just want to live this relationship as it is, but you want to change it, I have to sacrifice this friendship because of your attitude.
SACRIFICE…. How in this world can u justify such an obsession with sacrifice? I read it somewhere that when we sacrifice something precious, we are not loosing it, instead we are just passing it to someone who needs it more than us.
Suddenly the meaning of this word changed for me. It seemed like this word is made just to narrate the stories of some cruel kings, so that we can hide their cruelty of killing innocents in this beautiful word sacrifice for his people, or may be so that our kids should appreciate the end.
How can we equalize our obsession of cruelty with a sacrifice? Yes we sacrifice a lot of things for our obsession, say for example that old lady in the former story, or a drug addict. But how can you justify our obsession with a sacrifice.
Its very simple, you can never justify anyone’s bad deeds, sometimes you can’t justify yours either. But when I chose to write about it, I had to give you the justification that I got.
And yes, not everyone in this world is a cruel animal. There are still humans left for us, to lift our souls from death. They say “nothing can be destroyed; it’s just a phase of life. If you want to move on, stand up and run you can do that any moment of your life.
No one can destroy you on this earth other than your own self.” One of this kind, I met some time back. He had a conclusion for this note, a conclusion which was not necessary but yes it was sufficient.
Generally a conclusion is ending the article in a sad note or in some motivating words straight from bible, but here conclusion is the cause behind such an obsession. Every human is not born animal. It’s his upbringing which forces him to behave that ways. May be he is not stopped of showing such a behavior, or may be this is the only behavior which prevailed around which later became his life, his true identity. It’s not his fault until he does not understand what he is doing, this behavior is his identity, and he can never loose it.
And if he knows that being an animal is a crime & still he follows it, then I would call him a living monster. And its written in GITA that when you find a lot of living monsters around, you are in kalyug. Yug of kaal...or the era of darkness..!!!!

1 comment:

  1. nice thought....forms an interesting reading. very well written.....keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete